21 Oct 2013

Bare Naked Bunny and another Rainbow!

For some time now I've had these two knitted bunnies which I made and adapted (the boy bunny anyway) from here. When I say some time, I'm talking probably three years, and in all of that time, I've always had the intention of making a dress or some clothes for the 'bare naked bunny' as the girl bunny has been nicknamed. On Saturday I decided to actually do something about it and made her a dress. So to start with, this is how they've always sat on the shelf above my computer...

I see her everyday and there's been no excuse for me not making her some clothes, but you know how it is!


This is her loved one...



and now, she has a brand new dress...


just look at the love in his face, even one of his eyes has turned heart shaped!





Now, onto something amazing which happened on Saturday, do you remember my rainbow picture from Thursday? Well, late in the afternoon I looked out and saw the most amazing complete double rainbow, with colours that were so intense and it lasted ages. People outside were actually stopping and taking photos. I've stitched two photos together to show you but unfortunately it does not show the intensity of the colours, but if you look at the colours from the first photo, that's just how the complete rainbow looked,  which of course stood out against the colour of that sky.



I've never seen such a sight as this before and I'm so glad I did.

Suzy

26 comments:

  1. Both your little bunnies are adorable, and she looks so pleased to have such a cute dress! Love the rainbow shot. We recently saw a huge double rainbow about a month ago as we were coming home from a restaurant. The colours were so intense, just like you've said here, and it looked like a portal into another dimension the way the dark sky was around the outside and it was sunny in the centre. Unfortunately, no one had a camera with them. Your shot is fantastic!! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bunny looks so pleased with her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunnies are very cute... and sthat rainbow is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzy, those bunnies are just super duper adorable !!!
    The rainbows are really quite gorgeous and amazing .
    I never seen one with such a perfect double arch ... very special indeed .

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEE!!
    See the towers are in this shot!!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent rainbows Suzy.
    I might like the bunnies too but am too blokey to admit it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - wonderful rainbow! Love bunny in her new frock they both look very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww....your bunnies look WONDERFUL now, that little dress is soooooooo pretty....and as for the rainbow WOW what a dazzler.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful sight! Your bunnies look cute and I like girl bunny's new dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im glad your little girl has cloths on now. What an amazing thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bunnies are soooo cute - much better tale than Peter Rabbit! Love is in the air...
    and the rainbows are very special too. Wonderful that you had the chance to photograph it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're little bunnies are adorable.. and your rainbow photos are stunning! Rainbows are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely rainbow shot- and the bunnies look very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those bunnies Suzy and I guess the new frock just about made her day. Great rainbow shots.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ui, die Hasen sind so süß :-)
    Und der Regenbogen ist so super schön!
    Ganz viele liebe und sonnige Herbstgrüße
    sendet dir Urte

    ReplyDelete
  16. My what cute little bunny's, they look like they would fit perfectly into a little girls pocket :)
    Beautiful rainbow:)
    Keep Smiling,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely little bunnies, they would make sweet brooches on a chunky knit cardy wouldn't they? Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow the rainbow is beautiful! against that dark sky just makes it look amazing. Your little bunnies are so sweet. They look like they have little characters of their own x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh those bunnies are so cute. I love BNB's new dress, just what she needed for winter! Have you seen this request from the Donkey Sanctuary http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/press-release/7562 asking for people to knit donkeys? I thought of you when I saw it.
    Fabulous rainbows too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect dress for a bunny - I'm sure it was worth the wait for her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your knitted bunnies, they're so cute and how lucky you were to see a double rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful; both the bunnies and the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzy,
    I love these bunnies and the little dress. And the double rainbow is gorgeous. Glad you got to see it.
    Greetings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful rainbow & those bunnies are too cute!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style
    http://coastal-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Suzy,

    I just came by to say hello as I've noticed your absence. I hope all is well and you have a lovely Christmas. I've missed your posts so I do hope you'll come back at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This whole post made me happy :)
    Here's to a lovely New Year.
    All the best,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really do brighten my day. Suzy x